About Me

My photo
Anne Thompson, Author, born in Orange County California in 1967 and raised in magical Flowering Dogwood, Show-Me- Mid-Western state of Missouri. Anne received her education from the University of Central Missouri in English Education, Creative Writing and Communication. She is married with three grown children and four Grandchildren. Anne is a self-published Author of the Five-Star Rated thriller “VISIONS” available at Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/bu66w8h Anne used to be an aspiring writer until a traumatic event exploded her life into a million pieces. Her goals were to bring you articles that would, take you away for a minute, shock you, make you laugh, make you go “Oh Yeah, I get that!” and to inspire. Her life used to be an adventure every day. Her life has changed and with those changes her life became a very bumpy ride. She wanted you to come along because her adventures were sure to guarantee many surprises. But, lives change. You are still welcome to come inside her mind…only if you dare.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Way of the World Today


SO,  here I am on another beautiful day, sitting on my deck with the dog and the birds and the tree’s, peace and tranquility, looking out into the world to see what I see. What I see is life that lives just because, It Is. All of Mother Nature just is and it just lives. I would like to be more like that but life forces us to be so many things that it can be so confusing. I think I need a new dictionary because things just don’t mean what they used to, ya know?

It’s like these kids that I have been talking about, this girlfriend and boyfriend. At the very moments that they were together and loving each other, anyone would bet that these kids were really, madly, in love. They had been what I really thought was love for four years. It was in their eyes and in their actions and how they did everything they could for each other. It was the way they laughed with each other and took on life together. The way he always rubbed her shoulders when they were just hanging out around the kitchen. They loved honestly, I thought. It seemed like such a fairy tale because you could see it in their eyes but I was naïve and realized those were just feelings within moments that those feelings were shared. It seems to me that every time they reached out to help other people, those people would tear them apart, every single time! This time it only took a pretty, adorable, sweet little sixteen year old girl who even took my heart away, to get into the girlfriends head and make her feel and think things about the boyfriend that were not real and she fell for it and so, instead of believing in the boyfriends character, she believed the everything that was said about him and they broke up, yet again for the fourth and last time.

It is so sad, the reason it is so sad for me is because these are young adults that were kids together and both facing life with difficult disabilities that made life hard enough, then to lose each other.

No comments: