About Me

My photo
Anne Thompson, Author, born in Orange County California in 1967 and raised in magical Flowering Dogwood, Show-Me- Mid-Western state of Missouri. Anne received her education from the University of Central Missouri in English Education, Creative Writing and Communication. She is married with three grown children and four Grandchildren. Anne is a self-published Author of the Five-Star Rated thriller “VISIONS” available at Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/bu66w8h Anne used to be an aspiring writer until a traumatic event exploded her life into a million pieces. Her goals were to bring you articles that would, take you away for a minute, shock you, make you laugh, make you go “Oh Yeah, I get that!” and to inspire. Her life used to be an adventure every day. Her life has changed and with those changes her life became a very bumpy ride. She wanted you to come along because her adventures were sure to guarantee many surprises. But, lives change. You are still welcome to come inside her mind…only if you dare.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Way of the World Today


                                                     The Way of the World Today
 
So, this is the way of the world today. Today, continuing on from yesterday, my friend had to get the police involved because his little girlfriend had been brainwashed into believing that my friend has now become evil, overnight and decided to spend her morning driving by his house and trying to provoke a fight so, the police were called in and the situation was handled very well.

So, the sixteen year old girl did a number on my friend and his girlfriend and now they have broken up. It is so sad. They were such a great couple.

So what I learned today is that anyone, and I mean anyone can say “I love you” one day and not mean it the next because of other’s people getting involved and turning people against each other. It’s almost like people thrive on drama that is hurtful and painful. What I learned is that people need to say, “I love you right now”, instead of for life because you never know what is going to happen from one day to the next. Another friend of mine told me that although her husband is a bad man, she would rather give her love to him than to her own mother. And with life being this way in so many situations, exactly what does “I love you” mean anymore?
As you can tell from my posts, I am a writer that never leaves her home. Absolutely! I have been out in the world and as of two years ago, I said never again. I have been working all of my life and been fired, made to cry everyday till I quit, demoted till I quit, fired because of made up stories and humiliated. I went back to school at forty and developed a disease that made it hard for me to see and then I was raped. Now, I do what I can from home because I am not going out there again! The only way that I would ever leave this house again is if my husband told me we were moving to Nanaimo, British Columbia, the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life.

I write, that is what I do and I think that this blog is going to have a new name that will be called, “The Way of the World Today” and it will be based on the behaviors of society and what people are doing to each other out there so that maybe we can all stop and check ourselves and see exactly what we are doing to each other as we try to make it through this life together.

Thank you and this is me signing out for The Way of the World Today.

No comments: