About Me

My photo
Anne Thompson, Author, born in Orange County California in 1967 and raised in magical Flowering Dogwood, Show-Me- Mid-Western state of Missouri. Anne received her education from the University of Central Missouri in English Education, Creative Writing and Communication. She is married with three grown children and four Grandchildren. Anne is a self-published Author of the Five-Star Rated thriller “VISIONS” available at Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/bu66w8h Anne used to be an aspiring writer until a traumatic event exploded her life into a million pieces. Her goals were to bring you articles that would, take you away for a minute, shock you, make you laugh, make you go “Oh Yeah, I get that!” and to inspire. Her life used to be an adventure every day. Her life has changed and with those changes her life became a very bumpy ride. She wanted you to come along because her adventures were sure to guarantee many surprises. But, lives change. You are still welcome to come inside her mind…only if you dare.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Parking Between the Lines


Fog, Bad Luck and "I am so TIRED of being patient with life. I really want this amazing Big Rig that I know someday soon I am going to have and plenty of loads to get us moving. I can not really call this week a success. We have done nothing but go around in circles. The Maryland load was a fluke. So, moving on, we have been running local runs with very little money to get just a little money. I need $4000.00 to get our bigger rig going so that we can at least have something a little bigger than the dually until the Big Dream Rig comes into my life. Then, I will be able to concentrate more on attempting to get educated and be recognized as a photojournalist so then we can LIVE OUT OUR DREAMS. I am waiting, waiting, waiting.........

So the story for the day, Parking Between the Lines". Thanks.

Illegal , Not Parking Between the Lines apparently is worth a $30.00 ticket these day's. Well, honestly had I been parked, straddling the lines, I would have understood, but my car tire was barely touching the line, plus there was "no parking" in a corner lot on that side of my car. So, I WAS A LITTLE UPSET. If I had not had a license or a parking permit or had hit another car then I could understand the word ILLEGAL, but no, my tire was touching a stupid painted stripe in a parking lot. Being petty is more like it. Petty. Which leads to another question. Between the lines, is society as a whole making it impossible "to" park between the lines? Does society have so many available battles to offer to fight over that as a people, we really have to "pick our battles" so that we are not constantly having to fight through every moment of our lives? Every time someone does something ridiculous and someone else get angry then there is the famous "Law Suit" wick then brings on the response of another "law". Are we going overboard with the laws and the lines, the rules and the signs?


Have we reached a point where some are afraid to live for fear of making another mistake or breaking another rule? Are we afraid to move for fear the next step may be "the landmine" that takes us out, completely unaware that we have broken someone's justifyable self serving laws? Like  the game Monopoly, could someone take all that we have left as retribution for breaking a law that may have been justyfiable but not neccesary and therefore leaving most of the public out of the loop on it's existance?
 
My personal thought, there is a lot of "petty" in this world.

No comments: