About Me

My photo
Anne Thompson, Author, born in Orange County California in 1967 and raised in magical Flowering Dogwood, Show-Me- Mid-Western state of Missouri. Anne received her education from the University of Central Missouri in English Education, Creative Writing and Communication. She is married with three grown children and four Grandchildren. Anne is a self-published Author of the Five-Star Rated thriller “VISIONS” available at Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/bu66w8h Anne used to be an aspiring writer until a traumatic event exploded her life into a million pieces. Her goals were to bring you articles that would, take you away for a minute, shock you, make you laugh, make you go “Oh Yeah, I get that!” and to inspire. Her life used to be an adventure every day. Her life has changed and with those changes her life became a very bumpy ride. She wanted you to come along because her adventures were sure to guarantee many surprises. But, lives change. You are still welcome to come inside her mind…only if you dare.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cross Roads, Wich Way Do I Go?

Hey there,


So as you know or may not know, I have been attempting to earn a Bachelors Degree in Photo Journalism. This is not going so well. My classes were so tight and six classes in a row with no break in between was just a ridiculous thought let alone a ridiculous action. This semester has me locked in a corner I can't get out of. So, I must move on. Not taking any action at all is worse to me than going backwards, but, this is just a break to work on my portfolio. I have only had to back up and turn around because I missed my exit. Right. I hope you are laughing because I am. I really got upset after the second day of classes and called my dad. I told him that I wanted him to get God down here because I was fed up with the way life is going and felt like he could at least present himself in person if he could create the earth and all. I was fuming mad. Nothing was going my way. I could not handle the load. I wanted someone to tell me which way to go and what to do and I would just do it because of my indecisiveness. Before you know it every way I turned a big wall was slamming down in front of me preventing me from going any direction except one. Yes, the only way out of this room is through a door that literally leads into living inside a dually with Jeff, my lover, my man, my best friend, oh my goodness, am I still going to feel this way after a couple of weeks inside a little bitty truck without a sleeper with my man. I guess we are going to see because I guess it is out to sea for me and the muck that lives amongst the highways and byways of America. Yeah, me. Listen, listen, and listen for the sarcasm. We are laughing on the outside. That is what matters. Okay, we are”Moving on”. I actually stole that saying from my best friend in the whole wide world, Jennifer Carpenter. That is one amazing woman and a great inspiration. She is the epiphany of the perfect generation x mother, wife, student......the list is endless and hopefully you will meet her here. I invite you all to interfere, interject, start something or just be plain silly on my blog and make this exciting.

I am moving on to a new part of my life and heading out into the wild blue yonder with my man. I hope you come along and see where the road takes us.



Thanks for reading

No comments: