About Me

My photo
Anne Thompson, Author, born in Orange County California in 1967 and raised in magical Flowering Dogwood, Show-Me- Mid-Western state of Missouri. Anne received her education from the University of Central Missouri in English Education, Creative Writing and Communication. She is married with three grown children and four Grandchildren. Anne is a self-published Author of the Five-Star Rated thriller “VISIONS” available at Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/bu66w8h Anne used to be an aspiring writer until a traumatic event exploded her life into a million pieces. Her goals were to bring you articles that would, take you away for a minute, shock you, make you laugh, make you go “Oh Yeah, I get that!” and to inspire. Her life used to be an adventure every day. Her life has changed and with those changes her life became a very bumpy ride. She wanted you to come along because her adventures were sure to guarantee many surprises. But, lives change. You are still welcome to come inside her mind…only if you dare.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Do you know what your heart is for?

What Your Heart is for?

By: Annie Thompson

Thank you is just not enough to say to those who give. Not just from their pocketbooks but from their hearts. Some of us like to call them heroes. When someone gives from their heart it stops is dead in our tracks, makes us take a second and feel the awe and makes us all feel not so alone.

There are people in our world that care. They may be hard to find and sometimes we have to look real hard and so that is exactly what I did. I needed help. You see, I had been suffering from a gum disease that was painful everyday and also caused me to be ill for several years. I was caught up in the swells of a raging sea of illness, unemployment, pain, financial disaster and emotional turmoil with crisis after crisis. So, I made a decision to find a beating heart out there in the world that cared. I needed dental help that I could not pay for so I reached out to twelve dentists for the kind of help that could only come from their hearts.

I typed up twelve letters pleading for help and I mailed them. Two weeks went by and no response. So, I re-mailed the letters but this time I added my picture so they could see who they would be helping. Another two weeks and still no response so finally, out of ink and needing to catch someone’s attention I sat down and hand wrote twelve more letters.

Finally, one early morning as I was feeling like giving up, the phone rang. A nice lady on the phone introduced herself as Teena Paris from Donated Dental Services of Missouri. I have to say that my heart started pounding and I felt the grace and the warmth of love wash over my entire body. She explained to me that a Dr. Sexauer, a Dentist from Clinton Missouri wanted to donate his services to fix my teeth. All I could do was weep and say thank you, amazed. Someone out there cared, completely of themselves, completely from their hearts. There was love out there.

Today it is all done. It was an experience I will not soon forget. Some things can’t be fixed but sometimes they can be made to feel much better and that is exactly what this wonderful Dr. Sexauer, Marty and all thier compassionate staff did for me. They took the pain away, gave me a new smile and a new lease on life and a new faith in mankind.

Don’t worry world. The bad guys have not won and are not taking over. The hero in all of us is still outweighing the bad.

So when I ask God, “Lord, is there anybody left in this world who knows what their heart is for?”, I believe he answered that question through a wonderful man and his devotion to God and mankind.

Thank you Dr. Sexauer, Marty and all of the wonderful staff. Thank you for your love for other people and thank you for my new life.

And world, take a deep sigh of relief and know that there are people out there who know exactly what their hearts are for.

No comments: